Breaded prawns are a delicious snack at any time of the year, but even more so when the sun starts shining that little bit more.
In this recipe deliciously juicy prawns are coated in a crunchy crumb which is jewelled not only with coconut flakes, but also flecks of red pepper, herbs like oregano and an array of tropical flavours such as paprika, ginger, onion, garlic and more using Nanny's Grenadian Seasoning! When dipped into the zesty lime sauce, these crunchy and juicy prawns scream Summer!
The secret to getting them so crunchy is to make sure that you use panko breadcrumbs. Panko breadcrumbs are lighter and flakier than the standard breadcrumbs that you may find on the shelves and they also absorb less oil resulting in a lighter and crispier crumb!
One of the reasons that these prawns are so tasty is because we layer them with flavour each step of the way. That means that when you come to eat them, you're tasting the lovely seasoning compliment the prawns with each and every bite!
15 - 20 raw king prawns, deveined
2 tablespoons coconut milk
50g plain flour
50g Panko breadcrumbs
50g Desiccated Coconut
Nanny’s Grenadian Seasoning (About 2 tablespoons in total)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 lime, zested
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon coconut milk
Oil for frying
1. Marinade the prawns in 1 heaped teaspoon Nanny’s Grenadian Seasoning and mix well
2. Get three bowls; In the first bowl mix the plain flour with 1 teaspoons of Nanny’s Grenadian Seasoning
3. In the second bowl, whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
4. In the third bowl mix 3 teaspoons of Nanny’s Grenadian Seasoning with the desiccated coconut and Panko bread crumbs
5. Dip the prawns into the flour, then into the egg and then lastly into the breadcrumbs. Make sure they are evenly coated and repeat for all the prawns
6. Heat oil to 175c and then fry the prawns for about 3-4 minutes until golden
7. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
8. Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise with the lime zest, lime juice and coconut milk
9. Either serve the dipping sauce in a side dish or on the plate if presenting as a starter
10. Garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!