Fish goujons are an absolute classic!
They make the perfect snack or starter, are easy to make and taste delicious.
Here, crispy cod goujons burst with flavours of lemon and lime and are seasoned with cracked black pepper, onion, garlic, ginger and herbs.
The good news is that you only need Myristica's Citrus, Pepper & Herb spice blend and some smoked paprika in your spice cupboard to enjoy the array of spices in this dish!
You can also prepare this in advance and prepare all the way to step 6 in the method below. When you're ready to enjoy your meal then you can just pick up where you left off and continue from step 7.
Take your time when dipping the fish in the flour, eggs and then the breadcrumbs. You want to make sure that all fish has been coated properly before moving onto the next stage. When I do this I like to get all the fish pieces coated in the seasoned flour and then go one by one when dipping them into the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
Let the excess egg drip off of the goujons before dipping and coating them in the breadcrumbs.
If you don't want to deep fry these then you can bake them in the oven with a light drizzle of olive oil until golden brown at 180c.
450g Cod, cut into strips
100g plain flour
2 large eggs, whisked
2 1/2 tablespoons of Myristica's Citrus, Pepper & Herb
200g Panko breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/4 lemon, juiced
Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
Parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
1. To make the mayonnaise simply mix the mayonnaise with the smoked paprika and lemon juice
2. Cut the cod into 1 cm thick strips and then season lightly with salt
3. Get three bowls. Put the flour mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of Myristica's Citrus, Pepper & Herb and a pinch of salt into one of the bowls
4. Put the whisked eggs into the second bowl. In the last bowl mix the breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt and the 2 tablespoons of the Citrus, Pepper & Herb spice blend
5. Dip the fish into the flour, then into the egg and then lastly into the breadcrumbs. Make sure it is evenly coated and repeat for all the cod strips
6. Place the battered fish onto a tray
7. Heat your oil to 180c and fry the cod goujons until they are golden brown
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
9. Arrange on a plate with a dollop of the paprika mayonnaise, a lime wedge and a sprinkle of parsley leaves